Saturday, October 31, 2015

it`s FONT-mental



This font was found at the restaurant Street Craves. It is printed on what is supposed to resemble a street sign and that is how the waiter knows where to bring the food. The font looks much like the font on real street signs which is what is it designed for. The letters are large and clear which draw attention to the words and make them easy to read. I think this font was chosen for that purpose, so the waiters could easily see the words to know where to bring the food.



 This font was found on a drink cup at a restaurant called Freakin` Unbelievable Burgers. This font is very bold and is the middle of the cup which makes it stand out. I think this font was chosen to emphasize the "freakin`" part of the name. The font being so bold makes one wonder what is so FREAKIN` unbelievable about the burgers which is what i think it is designed for so it attracts customers and makes them want to try their food.
 This font was found on a coffee mug that I use everyday. It is more of a girly font which obviously attracts girls like me who are suckers for cute things like this. It looks elegant and cozy to me which is what I think the designer wanted it to look like. You want to be comfortable and feel good in the mornings when you are drinking your coffee and this font makes me feel that way.
 This font was found on my parking ticket I got the other day. It is large and bold because the design of this was meant to let you know.... you messed up. The font being white in color on a blue background makes it standout even more. The whole purpose of this font is for it to draw attention and make sure it is not ignored. I think the designer wanted this to be simple but yet attention drawing so it would easily get the point across that you are not supposed to park there.
This font was found on a prescription bottle form meijer. The meijer logo font is very large which is immediately noticed. I think this was designed this way so that the focus would be on the brand meijer to attract business. It`s also in red which is a major attention grabber. The lowercase letters make it simple in a way too which I like. I think the designer of this wanted the font to be bold and attention grabbing but also simple letting people know that they provide for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment