Saturday, September 19, 2015

House

After watching the lecture and reading Clark`s readings I've decided my house would be much like the ranch style houses. To me those type of houses represent American culture best mainly because of the way they are designed to fit into the characteristics of American life. The design feature of the overhang garage showing off the car is a great example of this because American culture is very mobile and showing off the car is a great way to represent that. Although they are very over the top and unrealistic for most Americans I also like the Mansion type house. Those type of houses show the aspect of how Americans like to everything better and show off what they have. As American`s I feel like there is this sense that we do everything better than everyone else and I think that it can be seen in those types of houses that are designed to be over the top and unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment